News & Events
Each year the Amarillo Alumnae Panhellenic Association invites all Panhandle area senior girls to the Spring Forum. We also recommend the young women register via our website as to be included on the master list. This list is provided to all of the local alumnae groups. The list will help the alumnae provide references to their sororities.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY GIRLS WHO RESIDE IN THE TEXAS PANHANDLE SHOULD REGISTER ON THIS SITE. OTHERS PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL PANHELLENIC.
Why join a sorority?
Sororities were created with the desire for friendship, leadership, and philanthropy and they continue to provide these opportunities. They offer programs and leadership development that student might not otherwise have the opportunity to receive. Sororities offer a "home away from home" by providing membership in a group of women with similar interests and goals. Membership in a sorority is a lifetime opportunity - not just for your college years. There are sorority alumnae chapters in almost every area of the country and some overseas. This is an instant way to network with people when you move to a new area.
Top Ten Reasons To Join a Sorority
- A Place to Belong - That feeling of belonging, an identity. Sorority life is based on a family type situation. It gives a firm basis to experiencing college life with sisters who are interested in helping you adjust to your new college experiences.
- Inspires You to Develop High Standards - Sorority life inspires you to develop as a person by promoting high standards for scholarship, citizenship, and social conduct.
- Encourages Commitment - Sorority life pushes you to meet your greatest potential according to your skills and talents. Sororities emphasize excellence.
- Teaches Management Skills - Sorority life teaches you to manage your time wisely in addition to organizational and decision making skills that will serve you well in the future.
- Provides Training - Sororities provide training programs aimed at developing your greatest potential.
- Encourages Loyalty - Sorority life encourages your loyalty and allegiance to your sisters, your college, and your nation.
- Emphasizes Academics - Sororities highly emphasize academics by providing the right atmosphere and encouraging good study habits.
- Promotes Leadership - Sororities promote leadership by encouraging your participation in chapter government and campus activities.
- Fosters Concern for Others - Sorority life encourages you to participate in philanthropic projects that enable you to give of yourself to help others and the world around you.
- Develops Lifelong Friendships - Sorority life develops and encourages lifelong friendships that grow strong with common experiences and remain true over years to come.